Photo: 32yr old woman allegedly murdered by husband in Katsina over her inheritance money

Photo: 32yr old woman allegedly murdered by husband in Katsina over her inheritance money



Late Fatima Ibrahim was allegedly killed by her husband over the money she inherited from her father. Her lifeless body was discovered in bed, with blood trickling out from her mouth and bruises on her face at her residence. Until her death, the deceased, a 32-year-old mother of one was a teacher at Zubairu Pilot Primary school in Dutsinma town, Katsina State, where she teaches Basic Science. 

A Biology graduate of Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto, she was married to  Umar Manu, a staff of the Federal University Dutsinma, Information and Communication Department, from Zaria, Kaduna State and is the prime suspect in the case. The couple have a three-year-old son.

According to Daily Trust, late Fatima predicament began when her father, Alhaji Ibrahim Habibu died in December 2014 and she inherited his wealth. He was until his death a regional manager with a major bank in Sokoto.

Late Fatima’s uncle and spokesman of the family, Babangida Habibu said that since the death of her father, Manu was desperate to get his hands on Fatima’s share of the inheritance which was divided among late Alhaji Habibu’s children.

“On our part as family, we resolved to do all possible to protect his property, and committee was set up to share the inheritance appropriately, making sure accounts were opened for each and every one, with each share of money lodged within.”

Habibu said about seven months back, his niece reported her husband’s changing attitude and the family had to intervene, and invited him along with his parents to resolve their issues. The deceased later came back with more complaints.

“It was at this point that she chose to move out to a new place, where he still visits on the pretence of wanting to see his son. Manu had earlier been threatening Fatima for a while, and even on that fateful day he called to ask her to make available N800,000 for him to settle some debts. Mark you, she had always tried to let him know that the money he assumes she had was not in her custody, but he never wanted to hear that.”

The suspect visited the deceased at about 8:30pm on the day she was murdered. He entered the compound twice before he finally left after 11:00pm.

“But the next day, Fatima’s maid met her lifeless body on the bed and raised alarm, he said. Manu was nabbed and handed over to the police where he confessed to the murder of his wife.

State Commissioner of Police, Abdullahi Usman, who confirmed the arrest of Manu, said investigation into the case is ongoing.

Source: Daily Trust

About The Author

Related posts